Media Ideas International Ltd works with media professionals in both developed and developing countries, offering media strategy advice for media managers and training for journalists.
You can view a list of clients, the work carried out in 2012, work that has taken place in 2013, more about what the company stands for, and find out about me, David Brewer, the person behind the company.
I usually work alone, contracted by NGOs or media companies. If I am already tied up I will try to recommended trusted colleagues who might be able stand in for me. These include Naomi Goldsmith, Don Ray, Vince Ryan, and Paul Taylor.
The following bullet points sum up what Media Ideas International does:
- Assist media houses in responding to the business, editorial workflow, and technological challenges posed by changing audience behaviour.
- Advise on the introduction of converged/integrated newsrooms, and the steps needed to design and apply digital-first strategies, where appropriate.
- Offer journalism training for print, broadcast and online journalists and social media training for all.
- Specialise in helping media in exile prepare for the day when they become mainstream.
- Offer free media training modules via Media Helping Media for journalists in developing countries who can’t afford training.
- Provide updates on training projects and free tools via our blog.